Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Being Fashionable

[06/12, 8:23 p.m.] Dong Lianthang Tonsing: They say one-nine jeans. Not that my father had no money, I never coveted the wearers. Then came garwood, Paco, pepe and a whole lot of them in Lamka. All this while I didn't have nor liked any brand in vogue.
I landed (or is it crawled) in Delhi in the year 1996. I drew my first salary in November end. But it was not before several months passed that I accumulated enough cash to be fashionable.
The Jean I first bought in Delhi was by nautica, an American apparel brand founded in 1983. That was my 28 inches waist days, whence I had to convince shopkeepers that I am an adult.
The trouser cost me around 600 INR. I was earning about 3500 INR then. Suddenly I fell in love with jeans.
Thereafter I graduated to costlier brands like numero Uno whose price shot up to almost 1000/-. One week ago when I paid 2500 INR for another American brand called USPA, I reflected on the price difference from then to now. I was however completely satisfied with the level of comfort in the contemporary low-waist fits. I had grown sideways ever since. Even for a figure of 38 inches length the company offers most comfortable fit for the 32 inches waist I preferred to the 30 inches feet (as a precautionary measure to take care of further increase in size).