Tuesday, August 29, 2017

who would write my probation report

There was a time my probation report was mired in controversy as to who would write my probation report for the second year

(1)          Suryanarayanan AD came to Q-Branch, E-Group on 11 July, 2016. Currently posted in Com on Finance 9818110299, 157, PHA

(2)          Arvind Sharma AD left Q-Branch on 8 August, 2016. Currently in Coal and Steel, JPC on Security in Parliament Complex   9968073170, 140, PHA Flr 2
                                                                                     

(1) He came on 7 July, 2016. There is no record in lok sabha intranet about his departure. On 4.5.2016 one of my Priority Questions was missing from the lot. Next day was the day for completing manuscripts. I called up the AD at extension number 5147 and asked about the question on Duty Free Shops in Airports. He said that there was no such question with him eventhough he remembered coming across such question.
Next day the bunch of Non-Priority question arriving from him contained the question by Sh Sadashiv Lokhande, MP. I was saved !!!
Conclusion - the AD was not a very good one for me.

(2)  I never met him, nor spoken to him. But he was AD incharge of E-Group of Question Branch, atleast for a time during intersession period. Lok Sabha intranet has no record about his coming. He departed on 8 August, 2016. On 21.7.2016 my wife was ill. I telephoned the DS that I wouldn't be able to attend office. Next day the DS wrote that awoken him from deep sleep and my not coming to office was termed by him as dereliction, wants explanation in writing. AD sent the file to EO incharge, who in turn told me about the same. I was scarred !!! In fact I was not given the chance to reply and talk about my side of the story. Soon after he was removed from Question Branch.
Conclusion - He done the service to the Branch with good faith. Still he was not good either.

However (1) really worked with the branch during the session period.

Therefor (1) was the right person to see my probation report

Another AD, Ramesh Lal too had been in Q-Branch and was relieved on 21 October, 2016